    notebook? I've tried sony support but couldnt get through to anybody

    Thanks

    Toby

    toby.hobson, Oct 2, 2006

  2. toby.hobson

    Notan Guest

    Sorry for the kick-you-when-you're-down dig, but welcome to the
    wonderful world of Sony Support!

    Notan

    Notan, Oct 2, 2006

  3. toby.hobson

    toby.hobson Guest

    Yes, it's absolutely terrible - have registered a case on the
    "e-support" site last week and heard nothing yet. Tried to phone them
    (@ 35p a min) and couldn't get through to anyone. Its the last sony
    I'll buy!

    Toby

    toby.hobson, Oct 2, 2006
  4. toby.hobson

    Notan Guest

    While not quite as active as this newsgroup, you might also try posting
    at comp.laptops.

    Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

    Good Luck!

    Notan

    Notan, Oct 2, 2006
  5. toby.hobson

    AZGLI Guest

    If you have your original Sony install active, you can create the media
    set from the backup media program.

    If you have removed the partition that the recovery set is made from,
    you are SOL, good luck with Sony Support. I don't think they even sell
    replacement media.

    AZGLI, Oct 2, 2006