    documentation explaining how to replace the hard drive. Any help woul
    be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you

    jlevanon, Jan 27, 2007

  2. jlevanon

    paulmd Guest

    Unfortunately finding the manuals for Sony computers is a challenge.
    They are virtually nonexistent.

    Look for panels on the underside, maybe something with a stacked
    platter icon. Except I think you'd have found it yourself if that were
    so.

    The other place a hard drive often hides is under the palm rest. The
    usual way is to unscrew it from the bottom and then pry it up. CHECK
    first, not all laptops are alike.

    Also, there's a strip above the keyboard that comes loose (it may be
    screwed in from the bottom.

    paulmd, Jan 28, 2007

  3. How so? VAIO service manuals might not be downloadable, and definitely do
    not have the same detail as the ThinkPad ones, but nevertheless most of them
    can be ordered from Sony Parts for 6 or 7 USD.

    Johnnie Leung, Jan 28, 2007
  4. jlevanon

    Mr Manuals Guest

    You can get this manual and download it at http://www.justmanuals.com
    for $9.99

    Want to Fix Something?

    http://www.manuals4you.com

    http://www.justmanuals.com
    Instant download after purchase

    Mr Manuals, Jan 28, 2007
  5. jlevanon

    Kevin Weaver Guest

    Thanks for the spam. I'll make sure I never visit it. But thanks again.
    How much of this goes to the publisher ? Nothing ? Thought so.

    Kevin Weaver, Jan 28, 2007