    some magic treatment...
    cheers
    michel

    michelaccess, Nov 28, 2005

  2. michelaccess

    zwsdotcom Guest

    Not easily. Even if the electrical interface and timing are compatible,
    LCDs intended for monitor applications generally have brighter
    backlights - often, monitor LCDs have two or four tubes and laptop LCDs
    of the same size have one or two. In any case, the inverters are likely
    to be incompatible.

    Look on www.earthlcd.com to see if you can get a direct replacement for
    the damaged unit.

    zwsdotcom, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Yes, but you have to find a monitor that uses the exact same LCD ***PART
    NUMBER*** .... you can't just arbitrarily replace one 15" LCD panel with
    a different 15" LCD panel. And therein lies the rub: First, you can't
    even determine the LCD panel part number without taking apart the laptop
    and desktop monitor(s) in question (identical laptop and desktop model
    numbers may be manufactured with different (incompatabily different) LCD
    panels). Second, a desktop LCD monitor using the same LCD panel may not
    (probably doesn't) even exist, at all, period.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 28, 2005