  1. If i was to replace the busted capacitors on my video card, would I
    need to replace them with units that have the same specs? I have 4
    busted capacitors, they are labeled "6.3V 1500".

    ebay.ntailoring, Jul 16, 2008

  2. ebay.ntailoring

    Arno Wagner Guest

    You need the same or higher voltage and the same (not higher!)
    capacity. Here voltage is 6.3V and capacity is likely 1500 uF
    (micro Farad). Higher voltage capacitors typically have
    better properties.

    In addition these very likely need to be "low ESR" capacitors.
    This is not really a cost factor, shipping will likely cost
    more anyways. Very good low-ESR capacitors are Rubycon
    "ZLH", Rubycon "ZL" is not quite as good, but still acceptable.

    If you cannot get ones with the leads in the right distance,
    it is not a problem if the capacitors do not sit flush with
    the PCB. In fact up to 1cm or so distance should not matter
    at all.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Jul 17, 2008