    DVD-ROM drive. Will this present any problems? I plan on installing
    and running Solaris 10.

    -Sandip

    Sandip Srivastava, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Sandip Srivastava

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    I just did this prior to installing Solaris 10, and had no
    problems.

    FWIW -- the drive was a DVD+RW drive, and with the combination
    of the cdrecord tools which come with Solaris 10, and the growisofs
    which comes as part of "dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8.tar.gz", it does a very
    nice job of burning DVD-ROMs.

    This is one place where the cheaper construction of the Ultra-5s
    wins over the nice sold SCSI-based Ultra-2s.

    Enjoy,
    DoN.

    DoN. Nichols, Mar 22, 2005