Replacing components in an Acer Extensa 390

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Nicole, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. Nicole

    Nicole Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I've been having problems with my laptop (P133 extensa
    391c) which I have reported in another thread. Basically,
    the PC seems to heat up and freezes soon after booting up.

    Can the laptop be upgraded (new motherboard, cpu, etc.)
    easily? I'm very technically oriented and do this
    kind of stuff routinely with desktops... Never done it
    with a laptop before, though I've taken mine apart
    in a couple of occasions without difficulty.

    My extensa has been taken good care of and looks new.
    Before this problem occurred about a month ago (right
    when I was in the middle of a direct cable transfer
    between my laptop and desktop - parallel port), this
    machine had worked flawlessly for seven years...

    How difficult would it be to change the motherboard
    and cpu? Where can I find generic components
    compatible with this specific model, and also useful
    information on how to go about it (on the web)?

    Thanks to all who will contribute.

    Nicole

    Nicole, Apr 29, 2005