    Any suggestion will be welcomed.

    Thanks,

    Zalek

    zalekbloom, Apr 24, 2004

  2. zalekbloom

    Ian Stirling Guest

    The higher the power use, the lower battery life.
    For a 55Wh battery pack, if it normally lasts 3 hours, that's a power
    draw of 55Wh/3h = 18W.
    If you add on another watt by increasing the hard disk power, and take
    it up to 19W, you lose about 15min of battery life.
    (for intermittent drive access, if the machine is doing constant
    drive access at full rate, then it may get more work done if the drive
    is faster).

    Make sure that the drive will physically fit.
    Height is the important factor here.

    Ian Stirling, Apr 25, 2004