    a bit tricky?

    Cheers,

    Fred.

    Fred Finisterre, Sep 17, 2004

  2. I put a Fujitsu MHT2080AT (80 gig) drive in my R505TS a while back,
    and it went pretty well. I did have to grind down part of the
    protruding plastic from the touchpad assembly to get it to fit, but
    that wasn't difficult. It's a 'standard' 9.5mm drive, dunno why it
    was just a little bit bigger than the stock drive that came with
    it....
    Remove the eight marked-with-an-arrow screws from the bottom, move the
    keyboard back out of the way, remove the wrist rest, and the rest is
    pretty trivial. Hint: The non-drive end of the connector cable plugs
    into the board, it's a lot easier to get the cable assembly off if you
    unplug it from the board first.

    Takes maybe 1/2 hour if you know what you are doing, maybe twice that
    if you don't have alot of experience.

    William P.N. Smith, Sep 18, 2004