Replacing multiple files: why does it not tell me which are older/newer?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Slipface, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Slipface

    Slipface Guest

    Gang,
    When copying a file from one place to another under OSX, it's kind
    enough to tell me if there is already a file in the destination with
    the same name, and it tells me that the file is older, newer, or the
    same as the one I'm trying to copy.

    It does not do this when copying multiple files. This has been a peeve
    of mine since, I think, v 10.0 (I can't remember how OS9 and earlier
    handled it). I really dislike Windows, but this is one area in which I
    wish OSX behaved more like Windows has for several versions--it
    provides a file-by-file description of which ones are older, newer or
    the same.

    Or did I just overlook a pref pane where I could turn on this
    functionality? (something that would be equally frustrating--why would
    that not be the default?)

    Am I totally missing something here?

    thanks,
    _d