    Specs of rest of hardware, P4 3.4 HT 540J, 2 x 1Gb crucial 3200 ram,
    74gb raptor, 300gb wd sata, pioneer 109. Currentl idle temps range
    from 50-55 on idle.

    phu_me, Jun 29, 2005

  2. phu_me

    Stoneskin Guest

    left a note on my windscreen which said:
    After fitting two of these VF700 VGA coolers I can highly recommend them
    as both a silent and/or cooling solution.

    Basically when fitted the heatsink of the card will be very close to any
    adjacent card - if I fit another PCI card below the second PCI-E slot in
    my Asus A8N motherboard there is barely a 2-3mm gap between the surface
    of the card and the heatsink.

    Having said that it is still quiet and cool despite the restricted
    airflow (I'm running the fan on the 12v supply and the PCI card is only
    a half-height wireless network adapter so it's not too bad).

    I've found some images of the VF700 installed to help you estimate the
    size.

    http://img180.exs.cx/img180/9527/sideboth9uv.jpg
    http://www.tt-hardware.com/img/vga04/sli_08.jpg
    http://www.fungifuel.com/daba/computers/ZG.jpg
    http://img150.exs.cx/img150/7753/zalman1gg.jpg

    Also the product page http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=
    149&code=013 does say at the bottom that the adjacent slot will become
    unusable.

    Stoneskin, Jun 29, 2005

  3. phu_me

    Dragoncarer Guest

    I personally don't know if it can fit, but they say it will render one
    adjacent pci/pci-ex/agp slot useless - because the heatsink/ fan will cover
    it up.
    Other than that...it sounds like a dream cooling sink/fan. I dunno. That's
    what I heard.

    Dragoncarer, Jun 29, 2005