Repost Remote Desktop and Newest Forceware Problem

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by >>>>>, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. >>>>>

    I am trying again to find if anybody sees this problem and if there is any
    chance nvidia will correct the problem before official release:
    Use a computer with XP or Win 2003 with an Nvidia card and any Detonator 55
    or 56 series installed trying to be accessed from another computer using
    remote desktop or terminal services. Logon sequence goes on and instantly
    you are logged off after that from the remote session. How can a WHQL driver
    certified like the one from evga can be approved and pass the tests when it
    breaks one of the most important administrative functionality of the system?
    Anybody from Nvidia or MS reading this?

    Short version:

    PC1/winxp-w2003server/nvidia card/det55-56

    PC2/anything

    Try remote desktop or terminal service connection from PC2 to PC1 not the
    other way.
    Do not use Remote Assistance, that has nothing to do with the terminal
    service client and server.

  2. >>>>>

    Simon Guest

    I too have experienced this same problem with all of the latest NVidia
    Display drivers and am astounded that this was certified. Have been
    using really ancient drivers to get around this. However I'll try
    stopping the quoted service with the latest drivers tonight. Many
    Thanks.

    Simon, Apr 29, 2004

  3. To all,

    I concur with "Simon" here. I have a couple of Dells running GeForce nVidia
    cards and the latest drivers from the nVidia web site. In my case, they are
    running Windows Server 2003, but are quite happy with the drivers designed
    for Win2000 and WinXP.

    In any case, if the NVIDIA Display Driver Service is running (the default
    when Full Acceleration mode has been set), attempts to connect with any
    Remote Desktop client is only briefly successful. The screen opens with the
    expected Login box, but immediately initiates a logoff sequence the moment
    you successfully login. Frustrating.

    I set the startup mode on the service to Manual, stop the service, and
    problem goes away. What good is this service anyway?

    Ace Of Spades, May 15, 2004
  4. >>>>>

    Bob Guest

    Just want to throw a "me too" in here. I'm experiencing the same
    problem with the latest drivers

    Bob, Jun 15, 2004
  5. To all,

    nVidia's latest 61.76 release fixes the problem of remote desktop logins
    being immediately logged off upon successful login. I've tested this on
    two Windows Server 2003 machines. No longer do I have to manually
    suppress the NVIDIA Display Driver Service

    Ace Of Spades, Jul 25, 2004