Reproducible TextEdit Page Setup Scale: 60% problem

Discussion in 'Apple' started by AES, Sep 30, 2005.

  1. AES

    AES Guest

    Open half a dozen existing TextEdit rtf documents on my HD.

    Check Page Setup for each one: numerical value in the Scale:
    box has somehow been set to 60% (and that's the size they'd
    print at, if I printed them).

    Change 'em all back to 100, Save and Close each document,
    Quit TextEdit.

    Re-open the 6 documents: They're all set back to 60%.

    Similar things happen with some but not all other apps.

    What the ?#[email protected]?

    [Mac iBook G4, OS 10.3.9, hp LaserJet 6MP. Other Macs print to
    the same printer on the same household LAN w/no problems.]

    AES, Sep 30, 2005

  2. AES

    Simon Slavin Guest

    RTF documents do not store their own printing scale, it's just
    a single setting for the application. Set it to 100 and use the
    top popup menu of that dialog to 'Save as default'.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, Oct 2, 2005

  3. AES

    AES Guest

    Ooh! -- thanks so much! That seems to have exactly done it, for
    TextEdit anyway. (Haven't checked Preview yet, which was another place
    where the same problem seemed to be showing up.)

    AES, Oct 3, 2005