    cards, etc., etc., and I can't find information about this. Intel
    doesn't have it on its site.

    Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

    Kilgore Trout, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Kilgore Trout

    Cuzman Guest

    " My mobo supports AGP 4X. It's an Intel D845PESV. "

    AGP8x is backwards-compatible with AGP4x slots. You won't be missing-out on
    any noticeable performance increase by running an AGP8x card in an AGP4x
    slot.

    " If there are cards available that would *work* in 4X mode, but are built
    to perform to the 8X standard, I'd consider them, too... "

    You can choose from the entire AGP8x range then.

    " I heard that some mobos don't support 128 MB video cards, etc., etc., and
    I can't find information about this. Intel doesn't have it on its site. "

    Someone's been telling you porkies. Your board will support any AGP8x card
    with any amount of memory.

    For around $200, the 128MB Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro seems to be the best buy
    around at present. In ATI's range, it's second-best only to the 9800 XT,
    which costs nearly twice as much for less than 10% extra performance. The
    9800 Pro has a lot of life left in it, no matter what the next range of
    cards will be able to do.

    Cuzman, Apr 26, 2004