    Memory, video, audio, capture, cards from 4600 to 8100 computer.

    Thanks for any input.

    Joe

    js, Oct 19, 2005

  2. js

    Tom Scales Guest

    See answers below

    Tom Scales, Oct 19, 2005

  3. js

    w_tom Guest

    Power supply 'system' component that determines response to
    AC power is a power supply controller. It is configured by
    BIOS assignments. Is that Dell BIOS setup to start on power
    application? Or has that setting somehow been changed?

    To get more than just speculation from your replies, provide
    facts - especially numbers. Start with voltages on wires
    between power supply and rest of a power supply 'system'
    located on motherboard. Where to measure these voltages with
    a 3.5 digit multimeter and what those voltages should be are
    in previous discussions: "Computer doesnt start at all" in
    alt.comp.hardware on 10 Jan 2004 at
    http://tinyurl.com/2t69q and
    "I think my power supply is dead" in alt.comp.hardware on 5
    Feb 2004 at http://www.tinyurl.com/2musa

    Most important in your case are voltages on purple wire when
    power is first applied, and on green wire both as power is
    applied and just after power switch is pressed. Voltages must
    measure in upper 3/4 of those limits.

    Anything you don't understand, then post. Without useful
    facts such as those numbers, then your responses will become
    nothing more than wild speculation.

    w_tom, Oct 19, 2005