REQ: I need original installation CD for AIW RAGE 7500 please help please

Discussion in 'ATI' started by OB1, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. OB1

    OB1 Guest

    I am in need of this CD as I lost my original and the upgrades at the
    ATI site are useless unless you have the original CD which is needed
    for the upgrade. As typical with ATI, upgrading is risky at best
    since there is no way to know if the new improved upgrade features
    will work with everything else installed on the system.

    If someone who has this card could post an image of the original
    install CD, I would be so appreciative. It seems that this is more of
    a discussion group whiich may not allow postings but this post could
    be left at any of the other groups suitable for this purpose such ase
    alt.binaries.cd.image which is a great one, I would be so thankful.

    Again, revisions or updates posted on ATI site are useless unless you
    have the original Disk to upgrade. ATI will sell me a replacement
    disk for $10.00 plus $10.00 shipping, real generous of them.

    Can someone please assist?

    OB1

    OB1, Jan 5, 2005

  2. OB1

    T Shadow Guest

    The only thing the original CD is needed for is the DVD player. If you have
    another DVD player program you don't need it.

    T Shadow, Jan 5, 2005

  3. OB1

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Jan 6, 2005
  4. You cannot install the ATI DVD player without an original CD. You don't
    need files from the CD, you need the CD itself. The DVD player
    installation requires it for "license verification", not for any actual
    file or code.

    Barry Watzman, Jan 6, 2005
  5. OB1

    First of One Guest

    True, but all you need is an MPEG2 codec to play DVDs. Something like the
    KazaaLite codec pack would have it included (recommended anyway with the
    myriad of DivX/XviD/OGG-encoded videos out there).

    First of One, Jan 6, 2005