    Can anyone recommend programs that can further test the CPU and memory?

    Thanks for any recommendations.

    Paul

    helpme, Aug 6, 2003

  2. helpme

    helpme Guest

    Thanks for the advice and link. I've already downloaded it and will run it
    tonight.

    Paul

    helpme, Aug 6, 2003

  3. helpme

    Ebzdex Guest

    Ebzdex, Aug 8, 2003
  4. helpme

    Ian Hastie Guest

    SETI@Home is OK, but doesn't actually validate it's results. It is
    quite possible for it to produce bad results on excessively overclocked
    hardware that otherwise appears perfect.

    If you want a programme that really stresses the FPU there is nothing to
    beat GIMPS. This programme has a test mode that will stress the
    hardware and it also validates results.

    http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm

    Ian Hastie, Aug 8, 2003