    this board will accept the Athlon 64. Serious comments and responses are
    invited to respond and in doing so, assist my education which got behind the
    power curve due to long illness. Thanks, Bill.

    Bill Tarkington, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Bill Tarkington

    DanO Guest

    No, the Athlon64's will NOT run on the A7N8X MB's. These use totally
    different MB Chipsets.

    If you want some more performance, why not overclock your system up to a
    200MHx FSB? You'll need DDR400 memory, and if you CPU is unlocked, you can
    tweak the multiplier down should you run into stability issues. This is a
    lot cheaper than $170, assuming you have the fast memory already (which
    you'd need for the 3200 anyway.)

    DanO, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Bill Tarkington

    peter Guest

    You did not specify what speed your memory is..166? 200?
    Also the deluxe comes in 2 revisions version 2 has the 400(200x2) FSB chipset
    What have you got??
    I am running the ver2 with 400ram and a Barton 2500.With this combination I can
    OC beyond 200FSB but I have it set at 200x11 without any problems and good
    moderate temps.
    peter

    peter, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Bill Tarkington

    Doug Ramage Guest

    I am running a rev.104 of this mobo, which won't do 200FSB.

    However, with an XP2500-M, mine is quite happily running at 2263Mhz (181 x
    12.5) which is more than a XP3200. Idle temp is 34C at 1.6vcore.

    Doug Ramage, Apr 24, 2004
  5. Buy a Mobile 2500XP
    I'm running one in an A7N8X-E Deluxe a 12.5x200fsb with PC3200 ram

    COCA COLA KID, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Bill Tarkington

    Blaedmon Guest

    why wont your 1.4 do 200fsb? Mine does.

    Blaedmon, Apr 25, 2004
  7. Bill Tarkington

    Doug Ramage Guest

    I wish I knew. :(

    Even on a rev 2 board, it can be a bit of a lottery.

    Doug Ramage, Apr 25, 2004
  8. Bill Tarkington

    Blaedmon Guest

    I'd say it was ram related or psu, one of either. Bad ram can bite a systems
    ass fairly hard.

    Blaedmon, Apr 25, 2004
  9. Bill Tarkington

    Doug Ramage Guest

    PSU is an Enermax is 365AX. RAM is PC3200 from Crucial and TwinMOS (not used
    together).

    So unlikely to be either. Others have suggested better Northbridge cooling.

    I am resigned to it. :)

    I have bought a DFI LanParty mobo which should cure this. Plus an Asus PC-DL
    de luxe for my main dual Xeon m achine.

    Doug Ramage, Apr 25, 2004