Request for Assistance - Please help test.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by tq96, Oct 16, 2003.

  1. tq96

    tq96 Guest

    I've been experiencing a long standing issue that has been around for
    countless driver revisions and survived a clean reinstall and would like to
    determine if this issue is an obvious driver bug that affects everyone or
    something very specific to me. If you have an NVidia card with two
    monitors connected or one monitor and a TV connected, are using driver
    version 42.01 or newer and would like to help out, I'd really appreciate
    it.

    If you're still with me, here's how to perform the test:

    1. To start, go to "Control Panel\Display\Settings\Advanced\<Your
    Card>\Overlay Controls" and make sure that Full Screen Device is set to
    "Secondary Display".

    2. Play an mpg, avi or other video clip in Media Player and pause the
    clip, but do not close down media player.

    3. Now go to "Control Panel\Display\Settings\Advanced\<Your Card>\nView
    Display Mode". Select the "nView Display 2" device in the drop down box
    (make sure that this is the same device that is setup as the full screen
    device) and then open up the "Color Correction" option from the "Device
    Settings >>" menu. In here check to see what the "Digital Vibrance" option
    is set at.

    With my setup, no matter what I do, the Digital Vibrance option always goes
    to "Low". I've even confirmed that the registry value for this option is
    changed when the switch occurs.

    If you were kind enough to test this for me, please reply to the group and
    let us know what your result was and what type of card you have.

    Thanks.

    tq96, Oct 16, 2003