    repeatedly. I would also like to know where the Power LED connects. I
    found one spot on the front panel header which lit up the LED but it too
    does not work. The HD LED works fine. Thanks,

    mdp, Jul 12, 2003

  2. mdp

    mdp Guest

    Well I never did get the RESET working but I did learn the following:

    If I orient the motherboard such that the CPU Socket is on the upper right
    side of the motherboard then label the Front Panel Header Pin 1 as the upper
    left pin of the Header and number counter-clockwise:

    Front Panel Header:

    1 9
    2 10
    3 11
    4 12
    5 13
    6 14
    7 15
    8 16

    then:

    IDE LED = 1- 2 (works - 1 anode, 2 cathode)
    RESET = 3- 4 (doesn't work)
    PWR SW = 11-12 (works)

    I found when the computer is turned on Pin 5 supplies a continuous +5V and
    Pin 7 is GND. The Front Panel LED is a typical 2V version so I wired up a
    200 ohm resistor in series with the header wires to limit the current to the
    LED to ~15mA and created:

    PWR LED = 5-7 (5 anode, 7 cathode)

    I now have a PWR LED. If anyone knows where the RESET pin routes to on the
    motherboard (e.g. which chip/pin), perhaps I can fix that too. Thanks,
    Mark

    mdp, Jul 14, 2003

  3. mdp

    Simon Guest

    Its been a very long time since i laid eyes on one of these but seem to
    recall a special plug being used to connect the board to the front panel of
    the case.
    I'll have a trawl through the parts list and see if theres a reference to
    it.

    Simon, Jul 14, 2003
  4. mdp

    Elector Guest

    Actually the "plugs" were labeled according to the lay out of the
    connectors on the mother board. In the markings you had to plug the
    small controller ribbon (It is what it always looked like to me) with
    the 6-9 ends on it and match up the board positions (which are also
    marked) to the connector which is marked.

    You will need a magnifying glass to see the words on the connectors
    and on the motherboard.

    Now in some systems there is a plug type that is a no brainier that
    hooks only one way and then the system functions from first turn on.
    You will note that not all motherboards use the 6-9 connectors. Some
    use 5, or 6 or even 8 but I have seen them use different ones and the
    rest are hanging.

    Elector

    Elector, Jul 14, 2003