    condition. How? Is there a hidden disk partition that will do it for me?
    Press some key while start-up is going on? I have 2 "recovery disks". Can
    I use them? How? TIA, Paul

    Paul H, Sep 19, 2009

  2. Paul H

    Happy Oyster Guest

    Don't you have a handbook or at least a sheet of paper with a description how to
    do it?

    Happy Oyster, Sep 19, 2009

  3. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    I'm going to sell it, and the instruction manual, etc. has not been out of
    the shrink wrap. But I have Googled, and have some ideas. Thanks,
    anyway...

    Paul H, Sep 19, 2009
  4. Paul H

    Happy Oyster Guest

    Then you have a problem because it is a MUST to completely erase all private
    data on the HDD.

    Happy Oyster, Sep 19, 2009
  5. I see no major problem, so long as Vista allows the user
    to delete all files dated since he first started using this PC.
    (Non-data files essential to Vista will be protected by Vista.)

    Don Phillipson, Sep 19, 2009
  6. Paul H

    Paul H Guest

    I used Acer eRecovery to cause the hidden disk partition to reformat the
    disk and set Windows to factory condition.

    Paul H, Sep 19, 2009