Resetting Scale: in Page Setup (for multiple apps)

Discussion in 'Apple' started by AES, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. AES

    AES Guest

    Working in Adobe Acrobat a little while back, I deliberately set the
    Scale: value in the Acrobat Page Setup dialog to 60% (I was trying to
    print some PDF pages in reduced size to leave room to pencil in notes
    around them).

    Ever since then multiple other apps have been popping up with their
    Scale: factors also set to 60% -- including some that I don't think were
    even open at the time I did this in Acrobat. I keep getting printouts
    with unwanted size reductions; finding that some app has the Scale: set
    to 60% in its Page Setup dialog; and having to reset it to 100% and
    reprint the material. Haven't confirmed for sure whether these
    corrected settings in the other apps now "stick", though I think they do.

    Never encountered anything like this before. Anyone have any idea what
    either I myself or my system might have accidentally done wrong here.
    Does a changed Scale: factor in Page Setup for an individual app get
    changed or reset or stored in any global manner?

    Mac iBook G4, OS 10.3.9, hp LaserLet 6MP printer.

    AES, Sep 27, 2005