    Iam working. Not because of any particular application. Some times it
    is shutting down when I open a browser,playing games,graphic tools
    etc..Plzz give me a solution for this.

    krian, Jul 9, 2003

  2. krian

    tarl smith Guest

    is it win XP

    if so windows restarts on criticall errors to ensure your computer is
    always "working". Make sure any run on startup errors arn't plaging
    your system, iomega zip drivers are a prime example. If that don't
    work try turning off the resatrt in system properties

    right click my computer

    select properties

    look thru till ya see restart on critical errors , or somthing to that
    effet and uncheck the box

    Tarl

    NB: sorry bout being vauge, using 98 to send this message, not XP ( do
    use it though)

    tarl smith, Jul 9, 2003

  3. krian

    bluescreen Guest

    Hi,

    Though your problem could possibly be a software issue, I would
    suspect that a hardware component is getting hot and saying 'enough is
    enough'. I can create your problem by over-clocking by XP2600
    machine, seeing the temperatures rocket [in monitoring software] then
    getting the PC's usual response of rebooting.

    If I were you I would open the case and check that the fans are
    spinning correctly, I personally tend to touch the fans very gently
    and audibly register the tone [though I have in truth listened to at
    least 1000 fans :-], I can usually get to within around 100rpm. Take
    care though, fans are cheaper than fingers after all :7)

    Cheers,

    /bluescreen

    bluescreen, Jul 10, 2003