    install OS X and Applications and it prompts to restart. I restart it,
    it reboots to the OS then pops the disk out and I am right where I
    started. What am I doing wrong? Help! THanks.

    ridergroov, Jan 2, 2006

  2. I'm not sure why it didn't work when you tried it. But another way is
    to put in the restore CD, restart the Mac, and hold down the C key
    while it boots. That'll make it use the CD drive to start up, and you
    can do the restore from there.

    Garner Miller, Jan 2, 2006

  3. ridergroov

    ridergroov Guest

    Hmm. Yeah the cd says to do that so I did. I'm using a USB keyboard
    and I dont' see any other options. Not sure if that matters. I don't
    understand what the problem is. THis is making my first MAC experience
    unenjoyable.

    ridergroov, Jan 3, 2006
  4. RG-

    Try holding down the Option (alt) key when you boot, and see if you get
    two choices for booting. If you don't, then there is something wrong with
    either the restore disk or your disk reader.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Jan 8, 2006
  5. ridergroov

    ridergroov Guest

    Hey Guys,

    I did end up figuring it out. I just held C a lot long and it worked.
    Thanks for the help!

    ridergroov, Jan 9, 2006