Restoring an AMD Athlon CPU to its original configuration

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Florian M., May 27, 2004.

  1. Florian M.

    Florian M. Guest

    Hello,

    I need some help restoring my AMD Athlon to its original state after
    being (I think) overclocked/tampered with by its former user.

    These are my processor specs:
    A1100AMS3B
    ASHHA013OUPGW
    96774450138
    (C)1999

    AMD Athlon 0.18um
    1100 MHz
    Package CPGA
    1.75V
    95 Celsius
    256kb cache 2
    System Bus Speed 200Mhz

    There are groups of little gold connectors pairs on top of the AMD.
    Some have been bridged with a pencil.

    How do I
    a) find the original configuration of the CPU (what is bridged, what
    isn't)?
    b) unbridge two connectors already connected with a pencil mark?
    c) re-connect two connectors already separated?

    Thank you in advance for your patience.

    Florian M., May 27, 2004

  2. Florian M.

    HSV Guy Guest

    You sure thats 95 degrees Celsisus......?
    Most cpu's will burn at 85.

    HSV Guy, May 27, 2004

  3. Florian M.

    Wes Newell Guest

    You bridge the L1's to unlock the multiplier. They are normally open.
    Hmmm... and eraser I guess:)
    Pencil or conductive paint, whatever.

    This might help.

    http://fab51.fc2web.com/pc/mother/duron-e.html

    Here's how they should look for your cpu :)=open, C=closed)
    L1 : : : :

    L3 C C : : L4 C C : : (multiplier =11)

    I think this is correct.

    Wes Newell, May 27, 2004
  4. Wes Newell wrote:
    [...]
    You think correctly :)

    Michael Brown, May 27, 2004
  5. Well, Yeah. Your Page On "
    The Real Front Side Bus
    I would have to say though, sometimes the FSB don't match that exact, I
    learned this off some one else on the Overclockers NG's
    The 533 P4 brakes down to something like 133.25 Something, even the 800
    brakes down a bit Odd.
    Mine is something like 199.99 Sometimes it don't = 800, it's something
    like that anyway, hard to remember when I don't remember the last time this
    thing was even running the right speed. but most cpu programs just look at
    it as 800 Bus Speed. What ever, what ever.

    Much of a smile though, Per Clock.. I learned this one from someone on one
    of these groups too.
    I'm also glad that AMD is going the direction they are too, Intel is soon
    going to make it even more confusing with
    a little over 1Ghz FSB with one of the new chips, of which will be the
    same thing, 1024/4=256
    I was reading a little higher, but I don't remember the number.
    And going to 775 LGA, I've seen a pic of one, they look really neat, weather
    or not people will like it is yet to be seen.
    Back to AMD for a moment/last thing I'm saying here.

    Not so long ago, someome asked me to help them with installing a new video
    card in a 2GHz P4
    Sounds to me, from what he was telling me, is his board probably only
    takes a 4x video card.
    I suggested doing a full upgrade, and going with AMD with a board with 8x
    support.
    They want good speed, but don't want to spend a lot. I suggested getting
    only one stick of DDR266 128
    And then going with more ram later when they have the money.
    They most times do Photo's, but sometimes do Video Games.
    Now I'm asking you something, was it good to suggest AMD?
    I don't know why I'm questing this, I guess cause this is an AMD NG, but I
    think I should've started a new thread for this.

    Denny. :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, May 27, 2004
  6. Florian M.

    Mike Smith Guest

    1066 MHz, which is 533 x 2. What's confusing about it? I'd assume the
    next jump will be to 1200 MHz (400 x 3), followed next by 1600 MHz (but
    will that be 533 x 3, or 400 x 4, eh?).

    Mike Smith, May 27, 2004
  7. Florian M.

    Robert Guest

    don't all old athlons like that run at 266 front side bus (or 133 in bios
    settings)? why not just set your bios to 133 and your other setting to auto
    and see what you get.

    Robert, May 27, 2004
  8. Florian M.

    Geoff Guest

    what you normaly do when getting rid of pencil, use a rubber lol

    Geoff, May 27, 2004
  9. Florian M.

    Wes Newell Guest

    No. The default for a 1200 Tbird B model is 100MHz.

    Wes Newell, May 28, 2004
  10. Florian M.

    Ben Pope Guest

    I thought 8x Video Cards are compatible with 4x slots?
    Thats not enough memory. 256MB is a bare minimum. Might as well get PC3200
    as well, since it's not that much more and might allow you to re-use it on
    the next upgrade (Who am I kidding :p)

    Well, Yeah, price/performance is gonna be better on AMD, but only if you
    need a new motherboard to get a faster chip in there.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, May 29, 2004
  11. Either way, it's still confusing. or it can be.

    Denny. :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, May 30, 2004