Restoring Applications on an S5000J

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Ken Wampach, Sep 15, 2005.

  1. Ken Wampach

    Ken Wampach Guest

    I have a Compaq Presario S5000J desktop, I purchased from Compaq
    Direct in September of 2003.

    Is anyone aware of a way to recover applications (Specifically
    Norton AntiVirus 2003 and Sonic RecordNow) other than a complete
    restore of the system? I have checked the Application Recovery
    Tool and they are not listed there. Thay are working fine now,
    but I am am considering changes which could effect them.

    I am considering the purchase of Norton AntiVirus 2005 the next
    time my subscription comes up for renewal. If something goes
    wrong with that installation, I would like to be able to roll
    back to the 2003 version. I am not crazy about doing this
    update, but there were a lot of support disclaimers when we
    renewed the subscription on my wife'e S3010CL a few days ago.
    Mine expires in December. Also, the complete 2005 is slighlty
    cheaper (at Sam's Club) than the subscription, although the
    difference isn't enough to justify any significant issues that
    may result from a change.

    I also am considering a new LG GSA-4163B DVD/CD Reader/Writer.
    It comes with Nero, which I understand will strongly suggest, if
    not require, that Sonic RecorNow be uninstalled. Again, I would
    like to be able to roll back, if something goes wrong.

    Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

    Ken Wampach, Sep 15, 2005