    I just posted about emachine m5310 power problems and need to change
    that the area getting hot is not the battery area it is on the back
    left side of the computer (over by the ac plug area)

    Honion, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Honion

    i'm_tired Guest

    That is where the processor is located. As the other reply said, it sounds
    like an overheat. Unplug it from the power source to decrease the clock
    speed it is running at - and therefore the temperature. The fan might be
    dead or the heat sink may be plugged up with good 'ol dust bunnies. As luck
    has it, eMachines is trying to develop a good reputation for service, so if
    blowing it out doesn't solve the problem, that M5310 has only been in
    production (well, now there is an M5312 instead) for a few months, so the
    laptop is well within their 1 year warranty and you should see a pretty good
    turn around time for a repair.

    i'm_tired, Nov 29, 2003