Revolution only 2-to-3 times more powerful than Gamecube? that's FALSE

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Guest, May 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The report that Nintendo Revolution is only going to be two-to-three times
    more powerful than Gamecube is totally false.

    http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p2.html

    Q: Is Revolution "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube"?

    A: USA Today reported this news based on a comment from Nintendo of
    America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. The
    information was later determined to be false. We do not yet know how much
    more power Revolution wields over its predecessor.

    it made no sense whatsoever that Nintendo Revolution would only be 2 or 3
    times more powerful than Gamecube, that would make Revolution barely more
    powerful than the original Xbox, at least as far as raw specs on paper.

    just how powerful is Revolution going to be? I don't know. but it has
    been in development for YEARS.

    IBM is making the CPU, codenamed 'Broadway' - ATI is making the graphics
    chipset, codenamed 'Hollywood'

    MoSys is providing embedded 1T-SRAM with NEC's manufacturing process.

    Nintendo's president Iwata said, when you see the graphics, you will be like
    "WOW"

    there will be a standard DVD drive and Wi-Fi built in.

    I expect Revolution to be as impressive as Gamecube was when we first saw it
    in 2000 and when it came out in 2001.

    a huge leap, like Gamecube was over Nintendo 64.

    Guest, May 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    jack Guest

    R580 wrote: