    Anybody experienced this? fix? Audio section schematics? Do they use
    an audio chip I'll be able to find docs on?
    Thanks, mike

    mike, Mar 3, 2008

  2. mike

    Quaoar Guest

    Don't bother: the sound chip or one of its supporting components is
    fried, IMO. This is a mainboard replacement, and I don't know of any
    notebook for which a mainboard replacement is less expensive than a new
    notebook. Well, unless the jack has corruption on its surfaces. Do you
    smoke? Cigarette smoke is a killer of jacks.

    BTW, your Inspiron 3700 is more than six or seven years old? This age
    is terminal for most notebooks, unless it was operated in a clean room
    with a filtered AC supply.

    Quaoar, Mar 4, 2008

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    I thought I was pessimistic.
    As luck would have it, it was operated in a clean room with a filtered
    AC supply.
    mike

    mike, Mar 4, 2008