RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Micron), Safe Mode, NVDD32.DLL

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Jym Dyer, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Jym Dyer

    Jym Dyer Guest

    =v= Howdy. I've browsed through past discussions about
    Safe Mode mishaps, searching for help on my own. I've got
    some info that may make a difference, I dunno. I really
    need help on this one.

    =v= Windows 98 box with version 4.0. I put the machine into
    Safe Mode, then back out again. It has since been unable to
    display more than 16 colors, 640x480 pixels (the Safe Mode
    settings). Control Panel -> Display -> Settings lets me
    specify larger screens and/or more colors, demands a restart,
    but doesn't actually set them.

    =v= I noticed that the list of the adapter's drivers is:

    nvdisp.drv,*vdd,nvmini.vxd

    On identical machines that never went into Safe Mode, there's
    this list:

    nvdisp.drv,*vdd,nvmini.vxd,NVDD32.DLL

    =v= Also, the screen that pops up from the "Advanced" button
    is missing two tabbed panes: "Model 64" and "Output Device."

    =v= Any ideas what this means, exactly? How to restore it?
    <_Jym_>

    Jym Dyer, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Jym Dyer

    Jym Dyer Guest

    =v= Oh, and as NVDD32.DLL is the DirectDraw driver, the
    "Features: DirectDraw 1.00" display is missing from the
    Adapter tab.
    <_Jym_>

    Jym Dyer, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Jym Dyer

    Someguy Guest

    =v= Any ideas what this means, exactly? How to restore it?
    Simply download and install the latest detonator drivers from www.nvidia.com

    Someguy, Oct 10, 2003