    3 years and offer quick RMA service?

    TIA,
    Kent

    Kent_Diego, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Kent_Diego

    peter Guest

    Just before Xmas I had to RMA an EVGA 6600GT....I express mailed on a Fri
    morning and by Thur Aft I had a new card in my hands.
    I consider that PDQ

    peter

    peter, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Kent_Diego

    Kent_Diego Guest

    Just before Xmas I had to RMA an EVGA 6600GT....I express mailed on a Fri
    Peter,
    I went to the eVGA site to check their warrenty info. A lifetime
    warrenty on "Retail" items and 1 year on non-retail plus an extra year if
    you register (who does that?). I looked to see difference in price for
    retail/OEM and every eVGA card at Newegg was retail. So looks like good a
    manufacturer as they are amoung lowest price. Thanks for the info.

    -Kent

    Kent_Diego, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Kent_Diego

    Fitz Guest

    BFG- 24 hr tech support and lifetime product warranty. They are in the
    process of replacing mine due to a noisy fan. I couldn't find the receipt-
    all they asked for instead was a pic of the card. I got an advance RMA,
    which is to say I don't have to send in my card until I receive the
    replacement. I did have to guarantee the advance with a credit card, but
    they have not charged it and won't unless I fail to send in my card after
    receiving the new one.

    Fitz

    Fitz, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Kent_Diego

    Ed Light Guest

    My experience with MSI.

    I knocked off a capacitor, and e-mailed or filled out a form that could they
    fix it, I'd be glad to pay. They took it for free, and it came back in 2 or
    3 weeks, in worse shape. I communicated this and that my poor dear card was
    ruined -- would it be too much to ask for them to send a new one? And,
    that's what they did.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org

    Fight Spam:
    http://bluesecurity.com

    Ed Light, Jan 29, 2006
  6. Kent_Diego

    John Lewis Guest

    The 7800GT is covered by a lifetime warranty at both eVGA and BFG.
    Lesser cards in the eVGA line are covered by a 1year warranty plus
    another year if you execute their simple on-line registration. See
    both manufacturer's websites for the warranty details. Do NOT
    buy PNY if you are at all interested in having a reasonable warranty.
    RMA is apparently via rusty ship through major typhoon to China.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Strange, I had several PNY cards that I had to return (we do have quite
    a shitload of them), and _always_ the RMA process was easy and fast (got
    replacement during a few days)...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jan 31, 2006
  8. Kent_Diego

    Fitz Guest

    Just got my new card from the RMA- pleasantly surprised to find a return
    shipping label included. They covered shipping both directions on the
    Advance RMA. Off to the UPS store.....

    Fitz

    Fitz, Jan 31, 2006
  9. Kent_Diego

    John Lewis Guest

    Obviously on their frequent-replacement list. Highly reliable
    product... not ?? BTW, what failed..... capacitors, regulators ?

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 1, 2006
  10. Well, we currently have several hundred PNY cards which are usually
    running day and night, so yes, there sometimes are defects. Does that
    make PNY unreliable? Nope. Are other manufacturers better? Definitely not...
    Sometimes fans (after some thousand operating hours fans sometimes
    fail). We also had some few defective capacitors on Quadro4 900XGL and
    980XGL, and a few popped GPUs in the older Quadro FX series (the ones
    that are based on the first generation Geforce FX GPUs which draw a lot
    of power and convert most of them into heat)...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Feb 1, 2006