Rnadom Blank screen during gameplay

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by sachida, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. sachida

    sachida

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2006
    I have a weired problem with my computer.
    I own Medion computer with P4 3.2 ghz, 512 MB RAM, SIS motherboard.
    The computer came with the nvidia graphic card which somehow stopped working 3 months ago. The computer was left on for 2 months before that without use when I left out of country. When I got back it wont work in normal mode but just in safe mode.
    I then bought XFX 6800 Extreme from newegg.com.
    Installed it along with new power supply from thermaltake 500W to juice up the system and enough power supply to the graphic card.
    My computer started carshing randomly.
    I went to CC and bought another Nvidia 6200 card and it worked fine. So I concluded that the card was defective.
    I then asked for replacement from new egg and it installed fine. Computer had no random crashes.
    After a month, I got my cable high speed internet started and therefore jumped to the online gaming with NFL2006.
    Since then sometimes, my computer screen goes blank and I get a messege on the monitor of no signal.
    This is random and does not happen while I am using my windows. I have not tried playing the game offline since then.
    The computer seems to be running and fan noise of the graphic card is still on while I experience random blank screen.

    Do you guys have any idea, how can I troubleshoot.
    Thanks

    sachida, Nov 25, 2006