Rocketman the shooter !

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. Ok peeps,

    I just had an idea for a crazy fragfest shooter.

    One of the things that I enjoy from Quake3 is floating through the air after
    a rocket blast hit me...

    So the rocket blast blows me away.

    The idea is to turn this into a "space"/"hovering" like game... which could
    be called: "rocketman" it could also simple be a jetpack for shooters like
    turrican had.

    The idea is that people can freely float their the air with the rocket back
    pack.

    But players get a rocket launcher which has "timed missiles"... they explode
    in the midst of space creating a gigant blast...

    Everything near the blast is blown away... not in pieces but they just life
    on... except when it's realllly close or a direct hit... and even then if
    the damaged is not great enough they still get blown away... that way people
    get blown away all over the place ! ;) :) Which is kinda funny =D

    That's basically it peeps.

    Goodbye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 3, 2010

  2. A better idea for the rockets could be "proximity rockets".

    The rocket has a detection cone in front of it like so:
    ____
    ____/
    /
    8=====>
    \____
    \____

    It also has a damage/explosion sphere like so:

    _----_
    / \
    | 8====> |
    \ /
    -____-

    As long as an enemy is within it's detection cone it will fly onwards...
    hoping to get closer to the target.

    When the enemy is within the sphere of damage the rocket makes a decision:

    "Should I explode ?" or "Should I fly on for a better target ?"

    The rocket checks the sphere and the cone... if it calculates that the next
    target will be closer to itself and therefore absorb more damage the rocket
    will fly on... for example a direct-hit scenerio.

    If it's unlikely that the rocket will get any closer to other enemies it
    will detonate near the current enemy in the cone.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 3, 2010