Rogue Spear planning...

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by StreetMedic, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. StreetMedic

    StreetMedic Guest

    We may as well get the "live in the now" jokes out of the way first...
    :-D

    Anyway, I just went back and reinstalled/patched Rogue Spear on a Win 2k
    box. Viddie card is an nVidia FX 5700U with the latest 53.03s. DirectX is
    up to date.

    Anyone run into an odd graphics glitch in the "planning" window of the
    mission setup phase? On my machine the actual floor-plan remains clear
    while all *other* titles/buttons onscreen initially come up clear, then
    rapidly "blur" to illegibility within a second or two. Anyone who has seen
    this will probably know exactly what I'm trying to describe. \crosses
    fingers

    This occurs nowhere else in the game, and it otherwise runs without
    problem. This is the first time I've run into this with this app. Past
    play-throughs have not done this, and this is the only game on my system
    misbehaving in this way.

    It has stubbornly defied all of my meager attempts at trouble-shooting,
    although, admittedly, I have not been so motivated as to try more invasive
    (read: "messy") stuff like rolling back video drivers and what-have-you.
    Some skims through ReadMes and brief scanning in the usual online stops have
    turned up no clues. I was just wondering if anyone here has encountered
    this before, or had any insights into what the hell is going on.

    Thanx in advance...

    S-M

    StreetMedic, Feb 17, 2004

  2. StreetMedic

    Alan Guest

    with this game you MUST use old drivers
    i used to play it on my geforce 4 mx440 and i remember having to use 30.82
    or 29.10 drivers... that fixes it but isnt much good for your graphics card
    :-|

    alan

    Alan, Feb 21, 2004