    smart and wise shopper.

    Any suggestion would be much appreciated

    Doublej

    Jason & Sandra Johnson, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Jason & Sandra Johnson

    DaveW Guest

    The highest rated, easiest to use, most stable, and most reasonable in price
    (rare to find them all in one product) is the LINKSYS line of products.
    Linksys is a subsidiary of CISCO, the largest manufacturer of industrial
    routers in the world.
    For a wired router I recommend the Linksys 4-Port BEFSR41 model, which I
    have installed in many systems. About $50 retail. It's probably their best
    selling model.

    DaveW, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Jason & Sandra Johnson

    WWII Guest

    LinkSys is good but support has deteriorated since they were taken over by
    Cisco. Personally I have a USR wireless router and am happy with it.
    3Com/USR is the premier modem network vendor.

    WWII, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Jason & Sandra Johnson

    les Guest

    Always be aware that wireless solutions can create problems
    an d mysteries when things don't work well.

    les, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Jason & Sandra Johnson

    gamefreak301 Guest

    Make sure that all the cables are working and that the router and the
    wireless adapter are operating on the same frequency. Make sure that
    your ISP isn't down and that your cables are connected right.

    gamefreak301, Feb 27, 2005