Roxio Jam 6 crossfades; how to pause and how to "prefer" types of crossfades

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Paul Soderman, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. I've recently purchased Jam 6 and have encountered some difficulties in
    using it, when compared to an older version (2.6) which was relatively
    easy to use. I'd think that later versions should be even easier to use
    than older ones, but I may be wrong.

    I'm especially frustrated by the way that the application appears to
    insist upon changing the type of a crossfade (ie. from a
    straightforward simple "splice" of 2 songs, as represented by the "X"
    type of fade, as shown in the furthermost left of the crossfade
    options, to one involving an automatic generic fade out of the first
    track and fade in of the following track) as soon as a change is made
    in the timing of the crossfade. This results in having to manually
    re-drag the handles of the fade "angles" every time the length of a
    crossfade is adjusted, for no apparent reason. There is no setting in
    the Preferences panel so as to permit a default type of crossfade,
    avoiding this needless activity.

    Also, there does not appear to be a simple keyboard command which would
    permit a pause when listening to a crossfade in the crossfade window
    (ie. using the space bar, as is the case when listening outside of the
    crossfade window).

    Am I missing something here? I have no idea why an application would
    regress to a more difficult user face several versions after an earlier
    one.

    Much thanks for any suggestions,
    Paul

    Paul Soderman, Mar 30, 2006