    Presumably this indicates the Ni-MH RTC battery is failing.
    Is this typical after 4 years?
    (Seems to be for Li-Ion batteries...)

    Maurice Batey, May 19, 2011

  2. Maurice Batey

    Lou Marco Guest

    There's no really "typical" time. They do wear out. It's a cheap
    fix.

    Lou Marco, May 19, 2011

  3. Could be, but here are no clues in the user manual as to the whereabouts of
    the RTC NiMH battery, or its type/rating.

    All the user manual says is:

    "It ... should be replaced only by your dealer or by a Toshiba service
    representative."

    Googling Groups showed the following for a similar Tecra laptop:

    "Unfortunately it is not easy to replace the RTC (CMOS) battery in a Toshiba
    Tecra 9100 laptop. In order to replace the battery you will have to take it
    apart and remove the top cover assembly. The RTC battery is connected to the
    power board. It’s really hard to see the battery on this photo, but it’s there.
    You can find a new RTC battery for this model if you search on the Internet by
    the following part number: P000328540"

    Seems have to dismantle the laptop, so I may not go down that path...

    Maurice Batey, May 20, 2011