Ruby demos now available at ATI !

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Andrew Pick, May 4, 2004.

  1. Andrew Pick

    Andrew Pick Guest

    Andrew Pick, May 4, 2004

  2. Andrew Pick

    Andrew Guest

    It refuses to run on my 9700 Pro, it needs an X800 :-(

    Andrew, May 4, 2004

  3. Andrew Pick

    bill Guest

    <On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:28:38 +0100, "Andrew Pick"
    <
    <>Not sure if they will work on anything other than the X800 series though (I
    <>have a 9600 Pro so will sure try!)
    <
    <It refuses to run on my 9700 Pro, it needs an X800 :-(
    <

    The MPEG runs on my 9700 Pro using Quicktime 6.5. Maybe you need to upgrade
    your Qt installation.

    Bill

    bill, May 5, 2004
  4. Andrew Pick

    Bean Guest

    Bean, May 5, 2004
  5. Andrew Pick

    JLC Guest

    JLC, May 5, 2004
  6. Andrew Pick

    bill Guest

    <
    <spamtrap@localhost
    <> says...
    <> <On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:28:38 +0100, "Andrew Pick"
    <> <
    <> <>Not sure if they will work on anything other than the X800 series though
    <(I
    <> <>have a 9600 Pro so will sure try!)
    <> <
    <> <It refuses to run on my 9700 Pro, it needs an X800 :-(
    <> <
    <>
    <> The MPEG runs on my 9700 Pro using Quicktime 6.5. Maybe you need to
    <upgrade
    <> your Qt installation.
    <>
    <> Bill
    <
    <I hope your just kidding. The mpeg and quicktime should work on any system,
    <they are just video files. Its the exe(130mb) file that should only work on
    <the x800 cards.
    <
    <
    <

    Well, he didn't specify which.

    Bill

    bill, May 5, 2004
  7. Andrew Pick

    bill Guest

    <
    <spamtrap@localhost
    <> says...
    <> <On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:28:38 +0100, "Andrew Pick"
    <> <
    <> <>Not sure if they will work on anything other than the X800 series though
    <(I
    <> <>have a 9600 Pro so will sure try!)
    <> <
    <> <It refuses to run on my 9700 Pro, it needs an X800 :-(
    <> <
    <>
    <> The MPEG runs on my 9700 Pro using Quicktime 6.5. Maybe you need to
    <upgrade
    <> your Qt installation.
    <>
    <> Bill
    <
    <Bill the poster is referring to the .exe demo file, not the video files that
    <are also available.
    <
    <
    <

    Ok, I wouldn't expect it to run on a card that didn't support
    Pixel Shaders ver 2b. It is supposed to be a technology
    demonstrator, no? I thought the OP just wanted to see what it
    looked like and didn't have QT or other mpeg viewer installed.

    No doubt a hack will be along sometime in the future where Ruby is
    nude and sprouts wings instead of a paracommander. :)

    Bill

    bill, May 5, 2004
  8. Andrew Pick

    Andrew Guest

    I was trying to run the actual demo.

    Andrew, May 5, 2004
  9. Andrew Pick

    bill Guest

    <On Tue, 4 May 2004 18:14:42 -0700, bill
    <
    <><It refuses to run on my 9700 Pro, it needs an X800 :-(
    <>
    <> The MPEG runs on my 9700 Pro using Quicktime 6.5. Maybe you need to upgrade
    <>your Qt installation.
    <
    <I was trying to run the actual demo.
    <

    Ahh, ok. I thought you were just trying to see it.

    Bill

    bill, May 5, 2004
  10. Andrew Pick

    Noozer Guest

    What is the point of buying a card or making a demo that only proves that
    the latest card is NOT backwards compatible with older stuff?

    If I can't run the demo on the old hardware, how can I compare performance
    to the new hardware?

    Sounds like ATI doesn't want you to know that the 9800 can do the job just
    as well as the new cards.

    ....and I'm *SICK* of waiting for HalfLife2!

    Noozer, May 5, 2004
  11. Andrew Pick

    Andrew Guest

    So all ATI demos should be backwards compatible with the first ATI 3D
    card? Who needs new features, new cards should just increase fill
    rate. Nicely thought out argument.

    Andrew, May 5, 2004
  12. Andrew Pick

    Noozer Guest

    I didn't say ALL the old hardware... How about just the generation that the
    new stuff is trying to replace?

    Noozer, May 6, 2004
  13. Andrew Pick

    Andrew Guest

    So how do they ever introduce new features?

    Andrew, May 6, 2004
  14. Naw, they should just run *really* poorly to show everyone what the Next-Gen
    offers. That's good marketing.

    Khabs,
    Mark

    The Mighty MF, May 6, 2004