run old versions of Maple in new versions of Mac OS

Discussion in 'Apple' started by G. A. Edgar, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. G. A. Edgar

    G. A. Edgar Guest

    When I upgraded my Mac G5 from OS 10.3 to OS 10.4, the OS X versions of
    Maple (Maple 9.5 and Maple 10) continued to work. But the classic
    versions of Maple (Maple 7 and Maple Vr5) quit working. It turns out
    that the classic versions will run in OS 10.4 if the following files
    (perhaps from an old "System Folder") are moved into the "Extensions"
    folder of the active classic OS 9 "System Folder":

    OpenGLEngine
    OpenGLUtility
    OpenGLRendererATI
    OpenGLRenderer