    settings for a amd 2100+ processor and an amd 2500+ processor?

    Thanks for your future input (if there is any....)

    Ed

    Edward, May 24, 2004

  2. Edward

    Mike Walsh Guest

    Buy a Y splitter cable for power; this will plug into an existing power cable and give you one more power plug. You can buy a longer ribbon cable to reach a drive anywhere in your case. The best configuration would be to get a PCI expansion card, e.g. Promise ATA adapter, for your hard drives and put the optical drives on the onboard IDE ports.
    --

    When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

    Mike Walsh, May 24, 2004

  3. Edward

    DaveW Guest

    Running an optical drive and your harddrive off of the same IDE controller
    will greatly slow down the data transfer rate of the harddrive. You're SURE
    you need 3 optical drives that badly?

    DaveW, May 25, 2004
  4. Edward

    Edward Guest

    ok, ive decided to just have two optical drives. I want to give up my
    dvd drive, as its not vfery useful and just have a cdrw and dvdrw
    drives. Can i copy a dvd if only one of my drives will actually read a
    dvd disk....or do i need two drives?

    Ed

    Edward, May 25, 2004
  5. Edward

    Mike Walsh Guest

    You can copy a DVD with one drive. Most software will read a DVD and create an image which you can then burn to a blank DVD.

    Mike Walsh, May 25, 2004
  6. Edward

    Edward Guest

    ah, ok thanks.