    three monitor configurations. Cheers guys!

    Regards,
    Nick.

    niicko, Sep 7, 2003

  2. niicko

    Draxen Guest

    Why are you running three monitors ? Is global warming not moving fast
    enough for you ?

    Draxen, Sep 7, 2003

  3. niicko

    niicko Guest

    hahahaa! ..no:) I'm running Maya and Adobe Premiere/After Effects/Combustion
    and all are multi monitor and having three gives you a huge amount of real
    estate to play with. Work flow is so much easier and problem solving to. I
    can have most stuff open on the screen. At the moment only two are hooked up
    until i can make sure introducing a third is not going to make problems!

    Nicko.

    niicko, Sep 7, 2003
  4. niicko

    RJT Guest

    Plenty of ppl run 3 monitors on one system.
    Why not check out the Matrox Parhelia, with support for 3 monitors on
    one AGP card. That way you won't have any compatibility issues.

    RJT

    RJT, Sep 7, 2003
  5. niicko

    Draxen Guest

    Ahh right, I didn't know there were any serious apps that made use of multi
    monitor setups, I thought it was restricted to eye-candy demos.

    OT: my only similar experience was with the original Doom game many years
    ago. Using three PC's you could set it so that two of them just displayed
    the left and right views of one player, incredibly useful just to be able to
    look left by turning your head. Downside was that setup would take up three
    of the maximum four player slots in a Deathmatch.

    Draxen, Sep 7, 2003
  6. niicko

    ho alexandre Guest

    Quake]|[ can be used that way, cf. Matrox Parhelia's demos.

    ho alexandre, Sep 7, 2003
  7. niicko

    Mangyrat Guest

    check out this page http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
    look in the data bace to see what cards work well together. in the gallery i
    think one guy has 11 monitors going on one sys. if you run in to any
    problems ask in the forum.

    Mangyrat, Sep 7, 2003
  8. niicko

    niicko Guest

    ahhh ok, yeah i've head of that! Thanx for the input :)

    niicko, Sep 8, 2003
  9. niicko

    KeepGood Guest

    Wait a second....Why are you even wasting your time posting a newsgroup
    about that?

    If you want to run three monitors....give it a try.

    Windows 98 and above supports multiple monitors, as does the linux X server.
    Providing your graphics drivers support multiple displays, it will run.

    By the time you got an answer to your post on here, you could have had your
    graphics cards installed and found the answer for yourself.

    If you are wondering if something would work, try it. If you have a
    problem, try your hardest to fix it, then post the newsgroups. Its the best
    way to learn.

    :)

    KeepGood, Sep 8, 2003
  10. niicko

    Mangyrat Guest

    so your saying he shuld blindly run out and get the first videocard he saw
    and try it? his first post was asking what video card to use for 3rd
    monitor.

    time to cut and paste.

    (third video card - Not sure yet, hoping to work out one from this thread!)

    i may be wrong but it sounds like he dont want to spend his $ on the wrong
    video card.

    Mangyrat, Sep 8, 2003