    but when I try to install WIN XP, it tells me that it can't find any HD.

    Where did I go wrong?

    Mikkel

    Mikkel O, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Mikkel O

    TomG Guest

    you need to hit F6 at the prompt to install third party SCSI/Raid drivers
    and have Highpoint drivers available on floppy. you need to have the same
    version drivers as the bios that the Highpoint controller has loaded...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Mikkel O

    0_Qed Guest

    Do I recall a 'table', somewhere,
    that outlined which bios rev "played" with what loadable HPt driver rev
    ???

    Thot I had 'it' ... oops. ;_(

    Oh, the ?joy? of sftwr Confusion Management.

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Jun 19, 2004
  4. Mikkel O

    TomG Guest

    never seen a table.. always relied on the little text files that Abit
    released with the bios to determine what Highpoint bios was in the mainboard
    release... Abit does detail the Highpoint version on the web site but I
    believe they are just using the text file that accompanies the release...

    TomG, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Mikkel O

    Marcus Guest

    I would like to raise the issue of LS120 / LS240 and other such 'floopy
    drive' alteratives, using these units in place of the standard floppy you
    need to create yourself a floppy boot set, this also goes for the Windows XP
    Home and Windows XP Pro editions.

    Re:

    Marcus!

    Marcus, Jun 30, 2004