    Any advice?
    Thanks,
    David.

    Festus, Mar 3, 2009

  2. You will have no problems at all with XP on a T61. The T61 was offered with
    XP from the factory, so all of the drivers will be available at Lenovo.com.

    SCM

    Steve Midgley, Mar 4, 2009

  3. Festus

    T.C. Guest

    From own experience: my T61p works like a charm with XP - I'd
    recommend downloading some drivers from Lenovo's web site before
    installing XP though, especially the respective drivers for the
    network devices (can be pretty much of a nuisance not to be able to
    connect to LAN nor Internet to download all the necessary
    hardware-drivers AFTER having just installed a fresh XP) - having the
    drivers for the network devices at hand and maybe the system update
    tool too, the rest will run pretty much automatic - though be advised,
    you'll have a couple of 100 MBs of downloads awaiting you to get all
    the drivers and gadgets Lenovo provides...

    One additional matter prior to installing XP: unless you want to
    install XP using an additional disk with the Serial ATA AHCI drivers
    you should change the BIOS-settings of your controller to
    "compatibility" (I believe it was) - you can install the AHCI drivers
    later on and switch back again to AHCI-mode...

    A look here might give you an idea:

    http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?p=342158&sid=b53370fb7297914c61331069ae4673c5

    HTH

    T.C.