?'s About FX5600/FX5600 Ultra

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Technomancer, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Technomancer

    Technomancer Guest

    Hi Folks

    I currently have a SiS 830CH MB, which has onboard sound and graphics, which
    I can scale from 8Mb to 64Mb, 256Mb of 133Mhz RAM(which gets shared with
    onboard graphics), 1,300Mhz AMD Duron, W98, 40Gb HD, 52x CD ROM drive, AGP
    4x and 240W power supply.
    Now I have been considering upgrading to a graphics card of some
    description, and ever since nVidia started producing the GeForce cards I
    have wanted one and now that I have got some spare cash I plan to acquire
    one. Now to the questions.

    1. The FX5600 cards are AGP 8x, will they run in a AGP 4x slot or will I
    have to change my MB.
    2. Will I have to upgrade the power supply and if so to what level.
    3. Which version FX5600 or the FX5600 Ultra would you recommend; I like
    to play games like GTA III VC, HL, Dungeon Siege, BG:SoA & ToB.
    Plus looking forward to HL2, TRON 2 and Homeworld 2.
    4. Any recommendations for manufacturer, with the limitation that I am
    looking to spend no more than £200 including VAT, unless the extra
    cash will get me a better quality card.
    TIA

    Yours Technomancer

    To reply remove the full stop from the e-mail address

    Technomancer, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Technomancer

    SleeperMan Guest

    Isn't it that ATI9600 Pro is better than FX 5600 Ultra? i've read some
    reviews and they all say ATI is a bit cheaper and a bit faster and overall
    better purchase over FX 5600 Ultra.

    SleeperMan, Aug 27, 2003