    Maverick from Lion?

    Thanks
    Lyndon

    Lyndon, Nov 28, 2013

  2. security updates

    BTW: the name is Mavericks

    Rob

    Reverend Johnson, Nov 28, 2013

  3. Lyndon

    Guest Guest

    there is no need for interim releases. you can even go from snow
    leopard to mavericks.
    some apps may not work.
    because you want one or more features in mavericks or an app you want
    to use requires it.

    Guest, Nov 28, 2013
  4. You can go directly from 10.6.8 to Mavericks.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 28, 2013
  5. Lyndon

    Lewis Guest

    MTNW is about it.
    You can go from Snow Leopard to Mavericks.
    The 20% increase to my battery life has kept me at the coffee shop for
    more time than I really should be there.
    Though there's not a ton in the way of new features, there's a lot of
    cleanup. The Full Screen mode is now very useful with multiple monitors
    and the changes to Mission Control are great.

    --
    If you [Carrot] were dice, you'd always roll sixes. And the dice don't
    roll themselves. If it wasn't against everything he wanted to be true

    Lewis, Nov 28, 2013
  6. Hogwasher and DockStar no longer work.

    Joe Di Domenico, Nov 28, 2013
  7. But you MUST not. SL ist yet a good choice, if not a better one.

    Laszlo Lebrun, Nov 28, 2013
  8. And Dockstar won't be upgraded for it.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 28, 2013
  9. And MT-Newswatcher.

    Michael Vilain, Nov 28, 2013
  10. ....which is a real blessing!

    Laszlo Lebrun, Nov 28, 2013
  11. Lyndon

    Your Name Guest

    I don't know when hte official "discontinued" date for Lion is, but
    Apple is likely to keep releasing updates for a while. Even when they
    stop, the operating system will still work perfectly well and any new
    "security" issues are unlikely to affect it anyway.

    There's zero point upgrading simply for the sake of it. If your
    computer does everything you need it to, don't bother updgrading.

    Your Name, Nov 28, 2013
  12. EndNote 4.x no longer works. Neither does Acrobat 8.x, at least not on
    my MacBook Pro.

    David Fritzinger, Nov 29, 2013
  13. Lyndon

    Guest Guest

    acrobat 8 came out in 2006. that's 7 years ago. time to upgrade.

    Guest, Nov 29, 2013
  14. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out my observations.

    David Fritzinger, Nov 30, 2013
  15. Lyndon

    Your Name Guest

    I'm still using Acrobat 5 (although that is under Mac OS X 10.2 and Mac
    OS 9.2). :)

    Your Name, Nov 30, 2013
  16. Lyndon

    Guest Guest

    and unable to read many common pdfs.

    Guest, Nov 30, 2013
  17. Lyndon

    John M Young Guest

    All the PDF I have come across work fine and I use them every day. OSX
    10.9.1

    John M Young, Nov 30, 2013
  18. Lyndon

    Your Name Guest

    NoBrain means me not being able to read them in Mac OS X 10.2 / Acrobat
    5 ... which simply proves that as usual the fool has no idea what he's
    talking about. There are only an extremely few number of PDFs I've come
    across that I can't open on this computer.

    Your Name, Nov 30, 2013
  19. Lyndon

    Guest Guest

    that's because you're using something recent.

    he's not. he's using acrobat 5 on mac os 9.2, which came out over
    *twelve* years ago.

    he can't read recent pdfs.

    Guest, Nov 30, 2013
  20. Lyndon