    install the second drive and build the volume.

    Justin

    --

    Justin, Oct 14, 2007

  2. Justin

    peter Guest

    install the 2 drives...set BIOS to RAID........when system starts you will
    get RAID configuration utility...watch for it
    Configure the RAID...........chances are you will need to format.....maybe
    create partitions if you so chose
    Then reboot and install the OS of your choice....XP I guess by the F6 option
    which you will need to use to load the Raid Sata drivers
    peter

    peter, Oct 15, 2007

  3. Justin

    old man Guest

    If win is currently installed on a sata drive, having added second sata
    drive, then set bios to raid enabled, on reboot you should be able to enter
    raid config and build the array.
    Thats the usuall scenario, however your mobo manual will give specific
    instructions, as raid setup often varys by mobo

    old man, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Justin

    Justin Guest

    So I can't install a second drive and rebuild the volume?
    I'd rather not reinstall the OS.

    Justin, Oct 20, 2007
  5. Justin

    Justin, Oct 20, 2007