s-video to TV.. am I expecting to much ?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by SteveN, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. SteveN

    SteveN Guest

    Connecting my old Tecra S3 S-Video out to the TV I can't see the video in
    "full display", only displays while running in normal mode.. If I switch to
    "full display" in say wmp, the TV picture is still up there but the actual
    video is blank, sometime tries to display momentarily but fails..

    Is this because the laptop is not up to the job or a problem with my
    configuration ? Tried running at different resolutions/colour setting to no
    avail..

    Tia,

    Steve..

    SteveN, Dec 19, 2003

  2. happens on my old dell too - with that i press a button to switch the main
    display to the tv - i can have one or the other but not both.

    The dog from that film you saw, Dec 19, 2003

  3. SteveN

    timco Guest

    try lowering the video accelerator.

    tools/options/performance.

    timco

    timco, Dec 19, 2003
  4. SteveN

    SteveN Guest

    Yer right, seems I can have one or other but not both.. cheers !

    Must say I'm pleasantly surprised that this actually works. Picture quality
    is fine using this ageing Tecra750 with 96meg of ram, not quite DVD but it
    will do. Certainly saves converting those avi's to vcd - thanks all !!

    SteveN, Dec 19, 2003