    R. J. Salvi Guest

    Has anyone had success with unbuffered RAM modules? If so, was it slot
    dependent? Thx.

    R. J. Salvi, Jan 7, 2005

  2. R. J. Salvi

    Guest Guest

    I've not tried any unbuffered RAM in the s2460, and the general consensus is
    it MIGHT work, but it's mostly a crap shoot. It usually outright doesn't
    work, or the system is unstable. I'd have to strongly suggest that you just
    use buffered RAM.

    Be aware that bufferd (or registered) RAM is different from ECC. The two
    are usually linked, but it's not a requirement. You can get RAM that is ECC
    and not registered, and the other way around. The s2460 officially requires
    registered RAM and the ECC part is optional.

    SnowGhost

    Guest, Jan 7, 2005

  3. R. J. Salvi

    R. J. Salvi Guest