S2466 - Post Error - Four consecutive Beeps Tyan Tiger MPX

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Robert J. Picard, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. I am having a problem with this particular system board. The customer
    brought it in for trouble shooting and there is some discussion over what
    the problem may be. The store owner believes that the error is a Memory
    error due to regular DDR ram being used and not Parity or Buffered.

    The error code is four consecutive beeps, each about 1 second apart.

    All beeps are the same tone, I can not find anywhere that referees to this
    particular beep code and unfortunately we do not have a POST diagnostic card
    to get a better idea. I have one on order but I would like to get this
    system fixed asap. One of the idea's was to order parity ram, however I
    belive this isnt required.

    The same error is generated regardless of the ram or video card used, the
    only time that the error is different is if no ram/video card is pluged in.
    With those in, it produces a beep code indicating something wrong with those
    components.

    w y s e @ r o g e r s . c o m

    Robert J. Picard, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Robert J. Picard

    Jim's Place Guest

    Hi Robert,

    I had a similar problem on my S2466N-4M

    Tyan support confirmed "The 4 beep code you are getting is saying that the
    memory is not seated completely and thus you will not get a post. "

    I ended up not using the 1st memory slot.
    All is working well, a 1GB PC2100 reg memory stick in slot 2.

    -Jim

    Jim's Place, Oct 19, 2003