    Also, I hear a lot about over clocking. What is that all about?

    Regards,

    Steve

    SPG, Mar 1, 2005

  2. "SPG" <> wrote in message
    news:RZ4Vd.26470$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not a mainboard whizz by any shot. Infact I have to say I have not a
    > clue... ;)
    > Anyway, I was wondering if the 2 onboard USB ports support USB2 for this
    > model? What do I have to do to enable them in USB2 mode?
    >
    > Also, I hear a lot about over clocking. What is that all about?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Steve

    The onboard USB ports on the original 2466 are disabled due to a hardware
    bug, Tyan supplied a PCI USB1.1 card with that board. The ports on the
    2466-4M are USB1.1 only. USB2 devices will run at USB1.1 speeds if connected
    to any of those ports. If you need USB2 functionality you would need to buy
    a USB2 PCI card as there is no way the onboard USB can be upgraded to USB2.

    If you don't know what overclocking is it's best you don't learn. But in
    summary it's the act of trying to make componants in your PC run faster than
    they are rated. Sometimes it works, most of the time it causes system
    instability. Only the very early BIOS versions of the 2466 and 2466-M had
    any overclocking 'tweaks', and even those were quite limited compared to the
    average 'overclockers favourite' boards.

    Michael S.

    Nerds R Us \(Poath Junction\), Mar 2, 2005