    motherboard, and 512k pentium III are very rare.

    Is there a solution?

    Thanks in advance!

    Mario Giammarco, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Mario Giammarco

    Daniel Hojka Guest

    Does this refer to their serial numbers?
    This applies only to the newer cores based on Tualatin. If your CPUs
    have 800MHz cores, it is pretty likely, they are Coppermines. AFAIK all
    Coppermines are dual capable. There exist some developer documents
    directly from intel, where you can check stepping/smp capability.

    http://developer.intel.com (good luck, I hate their site search)
    And expensive...
    Try two different CPUs with same stepping code - if these don't work
    too, your board is broken.

    HTH Daniel

    Daniel Hojka, Jan 7, 2004